Sunday, November 1, 2009

Relief from academia

I have been at a conference all weekend, and coming home to patching has been a welcome brain relief. This is a Bow Tie pattern, also called Broken Dishes (MINE never look like this when they break!), and as you can see, it isn't terribly complex; I just wish the colors came out more brilliantly. These are delicately complimentary, the purple is gentled nicely with the orange purple, olive and sage floral fabric. The next one is much too blatant and garish - EVEN for me.
This is called Shoo Fly or Hole in the Barn Door, and you can see the same purple fabric will yellow swirls and dots; the other one is a gorgeous pink and yellow batik, which doesn't show up too well; I am wondering if I am sinking into wimpy colors, again, wimpy by my standard.This one I like better. Again, I've used that purple floral pattern with the zippy yellow and pink batik, but I put two zingers in the center, and that livens this one up abit. It's complex and festive; the contrasts are just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment