Monday, November 23, 2009

Putting it all together...

I decided to make the blocks akimbo and use stripes for the background, but then I went wild and added a border of bright green, which I love but sister Lisa says is overkill. I realize that I'm ALL about overkill, which has been my main problem forEVER. And so, here are the beginnings of overkill quilting. These are 9 of the blocks with "overkill" - hey, it beats roadkill - and tonight is our last class, so I shall lug in the blocks and see what Sarah has to say/suggest. She suggested the stripes, and I LOVE the fabric I found online. I went back online yesterday (obviously, I was avoiding grading essays) and spent over $50 on fabrics; I get so excited to piece textiles together! It is as good as writing a good analysis of a text, quilting quotations together and stitching the analysis into athe stuff of academia. Fabric quilting is much more tactilely satisfying. For the time being, that is...

1 comment: