Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stars

My heart is heavy tonight, and I've got lots to read and digest. This I made today - North Star, which I botched up with my attempt to jazz it up in the middle; I meant for it to be checkered, but I went too quickly and ended up with two purple gingham strips instead of checkered patterns. Oh, well. I will try another tomorrow before class. This one if Friendship Star, and I like the patterns better, but I don't feel full of stars and swirls and swoops tonight. Even though these are my second to last blocks, I don't feel much like celebrating this quilt and probably would be better off in bed getting done my work to prepare for classes tomorrow. I will confess that this blue fabric with the stars and cinnamin bun swirls gives me a lift and makes me feel the world is a good place. And I'm in this world where there is joy and pleasure and love; how can I ever feel sorrow or loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment