Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The fleeting nature of hisbiscus

Because I cannot seem to load this on Facebook - who cares anyway?- I will come back to my old haunt of Patches, a place where I can reflect on creative work in process. This is a quick painting I sketched out when I got home from the movies with Katie Palmer. It's on a board about 3 feet by 5 feet, and I was trying to capture a vibrant, yellow hibiscus that Lisa had given me when I returned from Nepal. It is blooming like a champ, so I set up this little "scene" and gave it a whirl. I shall work on it tomorrow night and try to fix the kettle's distortions, the background color and the flowers. I just love looking at the work after I've gone into the center of it and returned, still sane but somehow spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment