Thursday, July 30, 2009

Domestic partners

I found this long, thin piece of wood in the neighbor's dumpster, but it didn't hold paint very well; maybe it was the subject OR the painter. All in all this is not my happiest moment. I am thinking that domestic objects become beautiful when put with flowers. Just look at them: the grimy tea kettle, the fundamental iron, the running shoes (okay, they get the hell out of the domestic realm). My nasturtiums are going wild, the only bit of color on a shady stone wall with leaves and bushes behind it, so the brilliant bouncy orange highlights that corner and reminds me that I must pick so they proliferate. Pick I do, and then because it is all so fleeting, I feel I must do those orange bounties justice by painting them and letting them linger a little longer in this world. Come see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment