Friday, October 9, 2009

OOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEE!

Who thought it was possible? I watched Sarah Bond make this Wagon Wheel in class on Monday night, and when I took out the directions tonight, I thought it was WAAAAY over my head. Like everything in this world, it begins with the first small step; I began cutting out those 16 wedges that make up the wheel, and my pattern was a piece of cardboard stapled to the drawing we were given. So my edges weren't precisely straight; once I began to piece them together, I realized that it was happening - even down to those wee little points (TA DA!) at the edges of the wheel. The hardest part is keeping the pattern consistent, but that is like anything else that matters. You make a mistake, and you just go right to that sewing box for your seam ripper and pick out the first stitches to loosen them enough to gently pry the pieces apart. And then put them were they ought to be in the first place. It's the "measure twice, cut once" that always gets us in the end!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Faith, what beautiful vision you have (and I don't mean your eyeglass prescription).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stew-PEN-dusssss! How big is this Wonder Wheel? In my mind's eye, it's about three feet in diameter and as goodness-giving as Old Sol! Well done!

    ReplyDelete