Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day...

While rambunctious Max and Nicholas were dashing around in pretend games, I was patching my little heart out so that Oona and Leo could go out for dinner. I think it was the most loving and productive Valentine's Day because we made cookies - Snickerdoodles - and I made two strips more strips for the quilt I am making for son, Jack. The colors and patterns make me flip, and I don't even mind the ritual of measuring, cutting and sewing; just to watch the pattern and the pieces blend and patch into something totally joyful and zippy is worth boxes and boxes of chocolates. Oh, alright, not boxes of dark chocolate caramels, but this is a close second. Is it just because I've been sick and the process of patching fabrics together into something more intricate and more playful gives me energy I just don't have for running or doing much else? Or is it that I've got stacks of papers that need to be read and graded?

No comments:

Post a Comment