Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The goal...

I was so delighted to read comments about those wee blocks that I was inspired to throw the quilt I made over the summer for son Jack's graduation from college. It is a Seminole (Florida Indian tribe - appropriate, eh?) and I also did some strips on the back as well, which I've tried to show by flipping over a corner at lower left to show the flip side. I really love the way the dots show up on the black and whites. I've stitched into the quilt some fabric from a kimono I made for him when he was studying Japan in kindergarten. God, quilting is SO intensely personal, no matter WHAT patterns you use. It still has the aesthetic and feel of its maker, and the process is sublime...

1 comment:

  1. It is such a beautiful piece...I like the pattern and the way the colors being arranged. how long did it take you to finish this piece? It is so nice. _Dewen

    ReplyDelete