Monday, September 28, 2009

Another spotty effort


As much as I love this process, it is wickedly exacting, an approach I am not that well versed in, knowing it is a good exercise in zen and attention, being in the moment; the problem always seem to be that my moment is extraordinarily spotty and jumpy. Take these measurements, for instance. As much as I follow the quilters' mantra and "measure twice," inevitably my enthusiasm gets the better of me, and I rush off to sew before my pieces are precise enough to really play the role they are meant to play. And then there is my sewing at 1/4 inch. How the hell do I know where 1/4 inch falls? My machine says things like 10, 20 or 30. What's that all about. For the time being this is my complement to the block I made last week; I am trying to balance two of each design we are given and now have two monkey wrenches.
I DO love these blues together, and that yellow just zips it right off the fabric. Who could EVER be unhappy looking at these colors? Certainly not I.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE THIS ONE. Even more than the one beneath it. The combination of color and pattern is so exquisite.

    Will you make me one for my 60th or 65th birthday???? (or 70th, 75th, but the sooner, the better, so I can stare at it as much as possible before death.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting! Cool!!! These are lovely but still jolty, spotty, and jumpy = which I like VERY MUCH. (Or, uh oh, is that not allowed in quilting?) How big are these objects? Do they all get sewn together in the end? Blue vs. yellow is excellent as well.

    ReplyDelete