Monday, August 24, 2009

Homage to the pot

I don't really like this painting, but this idea is so inward to me that I had to risk it. There are no windows or escapes; this is looking inside on a beautiful summer's night and trying to celebrate the plain old pot, one that was bubbling with carrots and onions in preparation for a soup I was making for my wonderful friend, Nancy, who takes her husband to hospital for a hip operation on Wednesday. I am making her favorite carrot soup for her return from the hospital on Wednesday evening. She will need it. She has nursed her mother, who died, her father through knee surgery, her husband through heart attacks and now this hip. It is people like Nancy who keep me on track and sane because I watch her so lovingly and effortlessly care for everyone she encounters. The is a gift for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment